What is PBL?
PBL stands for ‘Positive Behaviour for Learning’, is a broad range of systematic and individualised strategies for achieving important social and learning outcomes while preventing problem behaviour. PBL has been implemented in our school.
What is it from a classroom teachers perspective?
– Proactive rather than reactive system.
– Whole school system approach.
– Focus on the behaviours that you want and expect.
– Leads onto increased academic achievements
PBL Core Values
– Take Responsibility
– Show Respect
– Personal Best
– Stay Safe
Why PBL is working for us?
– Simple ideas
– Awareness raising of the importance of social expectations amongst students.
– School-wide approach to teaching replacement behaviours.
– Tailored to the culture of our school.
– Enthusiastic PBL team – school wide support.