South Grafton High School is fortunate to offer all computing subjects and electives from three highly qualified and passionate computing teachers with a variety of specialist skills. Computing technologies at our school are also backed by the support of a Computing Studies head teacher and one fulltime “techie” who also looks after the DERvice laptops previously provided to all students. All computers in the school are equipped with industry standard software with an increasing number of specialist hardware and industry connections available to our students.
The computing department at South Grafton High School is a key investment in keeping the school up-to-date with and leading computing technologies in today’s device driven world.
Please browse through the following links to view information on each of the computing subjets offered at SGHS.
- Digital Imaging – one year Z elective available to students in Years 9 or 10 (Stage 5)
- Game Design – one year Z elective available to students in Years 9 or 10 (Stage 5)
- Stage 5 Information and Software Technology – Year 9/10 elective subject option
- Stage 5 Industrial Technology: Multimedia – Year 9/10 elective subject option
- Stage 6 Industrial Technology: Multimedia – Year 11/12 subject option
- Information Processes and Technology – Year 11/12 subject option
- Information and Digital Media Technologies (formerly Information Technology) VET Certificate III – more details coming soon!
- Software Design & Development – Year 11/12 subject option
Further information on computing subjects at SGHS are available from the subject selection booklets sent out to Years 8 and 10 students in 2014 or by contacting the Computer Studies Staffroom via the school phone number or email.